Award-Winning Consumer Tools—Website and Mobile App
In keeping with our mission, FAIR Health makes available resources that help consumers understand their health benefits, plan their costs and make the most of their medical and dental coverage. Developed with the guidance of health insurance literacy experts, FAIR Health Consumer, a website in English and Spanish (as FAIR Health Consumidor), empowers consumers to estimate medical and dental care costs by procedure and geographic location, using the FH® Medical Cost Estimator and the FH® Dental Cost Estimator. The site also puts the costs in context with a rich educational curriculum. The site provides:
- In- and out-of-network medical care cost estimates;
- A geo-compare feature that shows medical cost estimates in adjacent areas;
- Out-of-network and allowed cost estimates for dental care;
- For 100 commonly performed procedures in New York State, a listing of providers with information about their prices and practices;
- For a subset of hospitals in selected areas of New York State, pricing for a set of outpatient procedures and various quality metrics;
- FH® Insurance Basics, a series of original articles and videos explaining how health coverage works in easy-to-understand language; and
- Resource links, a glossary and a healthcare quality toolkit.
The same resources are available through a mobile app—in English (FH® Cost Lookup) and Spanish (FH® CCSalud)—available from the App Store and Google Play.
FAIR Health Consumer has been recognized by media outlets nationwide and has received honors from healthcare sector and government leaders as a critical tool for consumer engagement and protection. Recognitions include:
- White House Summit on Smart Disclosure;
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ);
- The eHealthcare Leadership Awards (each year from 2012 to 2018);
- Employee Benefit News; and
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance: “Best Health Care Cost Estimator,” 2016 Best List.
In addition, FAIR Health was named a top resource for patients in Elisabeth Rosenthal’s 2017 book An American Sickness: How Healthcare Became Big Business and How You Can Take it Back.
Your organization can license FAIR Health Consumer and/or our mobile app and make them available to your members or employees under your corporate name and branding. You can “private-label” our comprehensive consumer site, license only our educational content—or incorporate our cost data in your own member tools via API.