Support for Federal Programs and Legislation
Legislators in both houses of the US Congress and a number of federal agencies have used FAIR Health’s data and expertise to support policy development and administration on a broad range of issues. For example:
- FAIR Health data are among the resources used by the Bureau of Labor Statistics in developing its medical pricing indices.
- The Government Accountability Office has used FAIR Health data to support studies of air ambulance and dental services
- In connection with our series of white papers on the opioid crisis, FAIR Health has been consulted by the Office of National Drug Control Policy under President Obama and the President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis under President Trump.
- FAIR Health has provided data and technical assistance to officials addressing balance billing issues in both houses of Congress.
- FAIR Health has advised federal agencies and members of both houses of Congress with regard to issues such as substance abuse, neurological conditions, food allergies and price transparency.
Other federal agencies that have consulted FAIR Health include the White House, the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Agriculture and the Congressional Budget Office.
IIn addition, because FAIR Health’s commercial data collection has been determined to be statistically significant and representative for all 50 states and the District of Columbia and FAIR Health maintains high-level security for its collections and operations, FAIR Health has been certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services as a Qualified Entity (QE). As a QE, FAIR Health has been entrusted with the complete collection of Medicare Parts A, B and D claims for all individuals across the country enrolled in traditional Medicare from 2013 to the present. This collection is in addition to the data from Medicare Advantage plans housed in our repository of private claims.
States turn to FAIR Health for a true representation of market-level healthcare costs
Find out about FAIR Health’s solutions
Speak to a FAIR Health representative
Monday through Friday,
9 am to 6 pm ET.