FH NPIC® Record-Level Claims Data
The FH NPIC (National Private Insurance Claims) database—our industry-leading collection of privately billed medical and dental procedures—is based on data contributions from payors nationwide. FAIR Health collects all data fields reported on medical and dental claims, including diagnoses, procedures, dates and places of service, NDC codes, billed charges, allowed amounts reimbursed and other information. FAIR Health licenses de-identified, claim-line-level data where appropriate for academic, policy and commercial research.
Broad Potential for Research and Longitudinal Studies
The FH NPIC (National Private Insurance Claims) database includes information found on claim forms for billions of medical and dental services billed through private health insurance. Custom de-identified datasets can be extracted from the database to support cost and utilization studies. In addition, de-identified member IDs for millions of patients make it possible to track their treatment path over time and support longitudinal studies that follow patients by diagnosis, where they receive healthcare and other dimensions. Our data can support many types of studies, including:
- Tracking readmissions, courses of treatment, selection of venues of care and more;
- Following a de-identified patient’s treatment path and providers’ practice patterns over time;
- Measuring trends related to diseases and conditions;
- Conducting cost and utilization analyses; and
- Identifying variations in conditions and treatments in different populations, including such variables as age band, gender and geographic location.