FH® Total Treatment Cost
Treating complex conditions like type 2 diabetes can involve a number of different services, supplies, tests and physician-administered medications. FH Total Treatment Cost provides estimates of the typical costs for all components of caring for certain chronic conditions (like asthma), event-based procedures (like a knee replacement) and acute conditions (such as pregnancy or COVID-19). By offering real market data based on claims for the full range of procedures related to common courses of treatment, this tool provides a clear view of total billed amounts for affiliated treatments and the amounts that are typically paid to in-network providers.
Key Elements of Bundled Pricing Analyses
FH Total Treatment Cost covers the patient’s beginning-to-end treatment path, including multiple office visits, professional and facility care, follow-up visits, testing, physical therapy, equipment, specialty drugs and other related procedures and services. In the case of chronic conditions, a year of care is covered.
- Thorough cost information. Benchmarks based on billed charges and estimated, in-network allowed amounts for nearly 50 chronic, event-based and acute conditions.
- Comprehensive interface. An easy-to-use tool that permits the user to select a condition and view costs for all services that are typically related.
- Geographic representation. The benchmarks are grouped into 493 geozips—geographic areas typically based on the first three digits of a zip code or group of zip codes—allowing national and local comparisons.
- Current claims. The data are based on a 12-month window of claims, refreshed twice a year.
- Robust database. FAIR Health products are based on our large database, the largest claims repository in the country. FAIR Health statisticians put the data through rigorous validation processes to ensure their integrity.
- Customized preferences. The benchmarks are available as flat files that can be loaded to internal systems and, with a user-friendly interface, tailored to individualized Excel reports.