Senior Director of Software Development
The Senior Director of Software Development reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer and leads the entire development team, tasked with the delivery of quality software solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. The role is hands-on and is responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet company standards and adhere to policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully lead design, development and delivery of initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications
- Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, quantify costs, identify risks, benefits and constraints
- Partner with business to identify innovative solutions and drive strategic decisions.
- Lead scenario planning process, creation and validation
- Actively look for opportunities for innovation and creative problem solving.
- Make presentations to the Senior Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders and help them in decision making process.
- Provide recommendation to Senior Management on selection of technologies and strategic technical direction for the department.
- Lead creation of roadmaps that align with the department strategy and long term technical and business initiatives
- Coach and mentor team members, enable knowledge sharing via brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
- Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools per the evolving needs of the organization. Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project.
- Plan overall project scope as well as define scope for each phase and iteration to meet business needs/time-to-market needs.
- Define, document, and lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department.
- Ensure compliance of systems to HIPAA and other regulatory requirements, including documentation of processes and evidence of testing and execution.
- Masters / Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong background with Multi-Tier Systems including Web/App and large scale databases
- 10+ years of experience developing large-scale systems.
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- 5+ years of Team Lead / Management of Java/J2EE developers.
- 4+ years of Agile project methodology leadership
- 3+ years of Java/J2EE coding and implementation of web-based applications.
- 5+ years of experience C#/.NET/C/C++
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-discipline.
- Extensive understanding of and experience with Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
- Proven track record in selection and implementation of methodologies.
- Proven capacity to lead and influence matrix based project team members and work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team
- Demonstrate ability to organize, manage, plan and control several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
- Must display strong communication skills -- both verbal and written
Preferred Technical Skills / Experience
- Strong Unix Background and knowledge of bash scripting
- Strong Knowledge of Sun / Oracle Software Stack
- Strong web application security background
- Experience with Frameworks: Sencha, Vert.x, Laravel, Codeigniter
- Experience with Elastic Stack, Jira
- Production Support experience, including on-call management and incident response
- Compute and network hardware experience, including cloud, load balancing, clustering, and fault analysis
- Development Standards definition, including policies, procedures, and tools
- Strong polyglot programming experience: Java, c/c++, c#, .net, mysql, php
- DevOps Toolsets: IntelliJ, Eclipse, WebSphere, Docker, git, Fortify, Maven, Gradle, Artifactory, Jenkins, BitBucket, SubVersion
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Software Development” and your last name in the subject line.
FAIR Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and an e-verify participant