Senior Clinical Business Analyst
The Senior Clinical Business Analyst will work with external customers to thoroughly document their business requirements and deliver custom solutions. The individual will interpret customer business needs, with specific responsibility for identifying and articulating requirements needed to apply FAIR Health technological assets and expertise to meet project deliverables. The Senior Clinical Business Analyst will also contribute to and help direct internal research into healthcare trends and policies and help frame external solutions research for FAIR Health.
This person will have a deep understanding of HealthCare data and strong medical coding experience (ICD, HPCPs, CPT, etc.) to support customer communications and requirement definition. They will also have a very strong analytic background and have an ability to read the data and help to extract information from it.
This person will also provide leadership and guidance to staff in the identification and evaluation of new analytics services/products. This individual will think strategically and lead others outside of a direct reporting relationship. It is expected that the incumbent will have excellent group facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers to help in the definition of requirements and development of statements of work.
- Work with customers to identify their data needs, report requirements and present solutions based on our claims data resources.
- Develop project specifications according to standard templates and contribute to the refinement of those templates or the creation of new ones, as needed.
- Use SQL and SAS to conduct data manipulation, summarization and reporting.
- Evaluate and establish the validity of claims data and data element combinations to ensure accuracy and completeness of all reporting results.
- Work on the creation of new analytic products and services based on clinical knowledge and analytic ability.
- Assist in the enforcement and achievement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Create and present informative, well-organized presentations that can be used for multiple levels in multiple organizations.
- Assist in designing processes and tools for research request reporting, including appropriate requirements definition, data sampling and data extraction techniques.
- Work with FAIR Health staff in designing and implementing internal and external research projects focused on health systems and health economics research.
- Provide training, guidance and mentoring to internal and external stakeholders.
Experience, Skill and Education Requirements
- 10 years’ experience working for a healthcare technology products and services company, with responsibility for analyzing large datasets and databases in various formats and researching and defining requirements for project initiatives.
- An extensive knowledge of healthcare coding (CPT, ICD, HCPCS, Revenue Codes, DRG).
- 5 years’ experience in performing reporting and/or business intelligence functions for internal and external audiences.
- A deep understanding of the current health care market, e.g., Value Based Reimbursement, Episode Bundling, CMS Regulations, geographic analytics etc.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle.
- Experience with SAS and Perl tools and languages against an Oracle Database.
- Expert ability with Excel, PowerPoint, and other reporting software.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a highly cross-functional, multi- location organization.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse team of line staff, managers, subject matter experts and executives.
- Expert presentation skills; comfortable with working with senior management and executive level personnel both inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of healthcare claims processing, managed care operations, and healthcare claims data attributes.
- Ability to proactively engage in all aspects of project definition through implementation, problem assessment through resolution and BI reporting for presentation, focusing on both big picture and specific project details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Clinical Business Analyst” and your last name in the subject line.
FAIR Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and an e-verify participant.