Senior Clinical Business Analyst
The Senior Clinical Business Analyst will help shape product creation and enhancement methodologies for our custom analytics product area. The individual will help interpret customer business needs and product improvement opportunities, with responsibility for identifying and articulating requirements needed to apply FAIR Health data and technology assets and expertise to meet project deliverables. The Senior Clinical Business Analyst will also contribute to and help direct internal research into healthcare trends and policies and help frame external solutions research for FAIR Health.
This person will have a deep understanding of healthcare data and strong medical coding experience (ICD, HCPCs, CPT , etc.). They will also have a strong analytic background with an ability to extract information and tell stories from the data.
This person will provide leadership and guidance to staff in the identification and evaluation of new analytics services and products. This individual will think strategically and lead others outside of a direct reporting relationship the incumbent must have excellent group facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Work on the creation of new analytic products and services based on clinical knowledge and analytic ability.
- Apply clinical and coding experience to current and new analytic products and services to assess market interest.
- Develop project specifications using templates; and refine and develop new templates, as needed.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to define business needs and identify technical requirements balancing usability and performance goals.
- Serve as the liaison between business units and technology and support teams.
- Assist in enforcing and meeting project deadlines and schedules.
- Create and present informative, well-organized presentations that can be used with multiple levels across organizations.
- Assist in designing processes and tools for research request, including detailed requirements definitions, data sampling and data extraction techniques.
- Work with FAIR Health staff in designing and implementing internal and external research projects focused on health systems and health economics research.
- Provide training, guidance and mentoring to internal and external stakeholders.
Experience, Skill and Education Requirements
- 10 years’ experience working for a healthcare technology products and services company, with responsibility for analyzing large datasets and databases in various formats and researching and defining requirements for project initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare coding (CPT, ICD, HCPCS, Revenue Codes, DRG).
- Knowledge of healthcare claims processing, managed care operations, and healthcare data attributes
- R.N. experience preferred
- 5 years’ experience with reporting and/or business intelligence functions for internal and external audiences.
- A deep understanding of the current health care market space and dynamic reimbursement models, e.g. value-based reimbursement, episode bundling, CMS regulations, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle.
- Experience with SAS and Perl tools and languages used with an Oracle Database.
- Expert ability with Excel, PowerPoint, and reporting technologies (e.g. Crystal Reports).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a highly cross-functional, multi-location organization.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse team of line staff, managers, subject matter experts and executives.
- Expert presentation skills; comfortable with working with senior management and executive level personnel both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to proactively engage in all aspects of project definition through implementation and problem assessment through resolution and BI reporting for presentation, focusing on both big picture and specific project details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com Please include “Clinical Analyst” and your last name in the subject line. FAIR Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and an e-verify participant.