Quality Assurance Manager
Summary of Position
FAIR Health is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Manager who will create and oversee the QA Department at FAIR Health, be responsible for hands-on testing of our data applications and web-based products, as well as provide QA services to other areas within the organization.
The QA Manager will be responsible for building out and overseeing the activity of the QA Department and staff. The role requires previous experience managing a QA team. It is also imperative that this individual has a deep understanding of all QA functions. The individual will work directly with stakeholders to understand all product and project expectations and will devise and establish companywide quality procedures, standards and control processes.
The ideal candidate has previous experience working within a complex environment, is both strategic and detail-oriented and has a proven track record as a QA leader. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, nimble and customer-oriented environment. This position will report to the Deputy Director of Operations.
- Develop and implement QA procedures and standards for all areas at FAIR Health.
- Develop a deep understanding of FAIR Health products, delivery mechanisms and customer segments.
- Lead a team of QA analysts and provide guidance and training to ensure that they are meeting performance expectations.
- Analyze product/project data to identify trends and areas for QA improvement.
- Collaborate with other departments in the organization to ensure that procedures align with overall organizational goals.
- Communicate QA performance to senior management and make recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the recruitment and training of new QA analysts.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and provide feedback to senior management.
- Design, develop and execute test plans for web interfaces and back-end applications.
- Translate business, functional and product requirements to test cases that will be used by the team.
- Develop a QA intake process for managing and structuring organizational QA needs.
- Assist with daily issues that arise with the day-to-day business while managing the testing of multiday projects.
- Conduct release readiness reviews and system go/no-go reviews.
- Work with Engineering, , Sales, Legal and Operations departments, as well as product managers and project managers to ensure our QA goals are aligned within the organization.
- Participate and represent the QA Department in all meetings.
- Manage and support user acceptance testing.
- Maintain internal QA project documentation for all initiatives.
- Observe information security policies and HIPAA requirements to assure the privacy and security of nonpublic information.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience managing QA teams and/or working in a QA management role, preferably in healthcare.
- Experience managing business and functional requirements.
- Experience creating and executing QA testing scripts and conditions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and adapt to changing priorities.
- Track record of helping to deliver exceptional products with minimal post-production issues.
- Proven ability to think strategically about market needs, business impact and product design.
- Ability to present data and other QA content in an engaging and user-friendly way.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate without formal reporting relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including experience using metrics to measure success, prove assumptions and “sell” concepts.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams from concept phase through product development and launch.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate product concepts to multiple audiences.
- Prior experience with healthcare services, medical or dental insurance is helpful.
Salary is commensurate with experience in the range of $125k-$144k.
The position can be located in our New York office, or partially/fully remote.
Interested candidates should submit their resume here.
FAIR Health, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is an E-Verify participant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
FAIR Health offers a competitive compensation package and includes the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and Discretionary Bonus.