Junior Database Developer/Integration Specialist
Summary of Position
The Junior Database Developer will be a SQL developer with a knowledge of ETL (extract-transformload) who is responsible for design, development and delivery of data for external web applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for the integration business requirements and database technologies to facilitate optimal solutions to meet business requirements. The candidate will identify areas of potential risks and suggest improvements to mitigate them. The candidate will also be responsible for plans for long-term growth and needs where possible. The candidate will also be responsible for automation, standardization and documentation of applied methodologies within FAIR Health solution frameworks.
- Primary MariaDB/MySQL database developer on external web applications
- Primary Elasticsearch/Oracle developer
- Add new products working from Oracle (source) to Elasticsearch (application source)
- Maintain products through fulfillment release cycles
- Work with business to define and refine requirements to work within existing frameworks and identify the modifications required to existing components in order to meet the business requirements
- Work with application developers to provide solutions meeting business requirements featuring stability and flexibility in a timely manner
- Create, document, maintain and validate backup and disaster recovery methodologies
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for data transmission, storage and data access including documentation, testing and remediation
- Track and maintain work via Salesforce or RemedyForce
- Automate routine processes such as product loads where possible using available tools: procedures, packages, bash scripts, etc.
- Perform unit testing and system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
- Ensure data quality throughout entire data management process
- Observe information security policies and HIPAA guidelines of conduct to ensure the privacy and security of nonpublic information
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
- Working knowledge of ETL development
- 2-5 years of MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle with development of database procedures and functions
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Linux bash scripting
- Ability to pick up new skills as business solutions require them
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Salary is commensurate to experience at a range of $86,000 - $102,000
Ability to work from our New York City office or remote
Interested candidates should submit their resume here.
FAIR Health, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is an E-Verify participant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
FAIR Health offers a competitive compensation package and includes the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and Discretionary Bonus.