Junior Database Developer/Integration Specialist
Summary of Position
The Junior Database Developer/Integration Specialist will be a SQL developer with knowledge of ETL (extract, transform and load) who is responsible for the design, development and delivery of data for external web applications. The successful candidate will integrate business requirements and database technologies to facilitate optimal solutions that meet business needs. The candidate will also identify areas of potential risks and suggest improvements to mitigate them. Furthermore, the candidate will be responsible for plans for long-term growth and needs where possible. This individual will also be responsible for the automation, standardization and documentation of applied methodologies within FAIR Health’s solution frameworks.
- Develop MariaDB/MySQL and Postgres database on external web applications.
- Develop Elasticsearch/Oracle as follows:
- Add new products working from Oracle (source) to Elasticsearch (application source).
- Maintain products through fulfillment release cycles.
- Work with business to define and refine requirements to work within existing frameworks and identify the modifications required to existing components in order to meet business requirements.
- Work with application developers to provide solutions meeting business requirements featuring stability and flexibility in a timely manner.
- Design, create, modify and remove database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions, DB links etc.) to support development projects.
- Maintain database objects in a software version control system.
- Create, document, maintain and validate backup and disaster recovery methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for data transmission, storage and data access, including documentation, testing and remediation.
- Track and maintain work via Salesforce or Remedyforce.
- Automate routine processes, such as product loads, using available tools where possible (procedures, packages, bash scripts etc.).
- Perform unit testing and system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Ensure data quality throughout the entire data management process.
- Observe information security policies and HIPAA guidelines to ensure the privacy and security of nonpublic information.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 2-5 years’ experience programming in any programming language.
- 2-5 years’ experience working with MariaDB/MySQL, Postgres, Oracle preferred.
- Proficient in SQL with 2-5 years’ experience writing SQL code.
- Proficient with relational database design and data modeling.
- Working knowledge of ETL development.
- Experience with database-centric development and with writing stored procedures and functions preferred.
- Ability to apply technical design and development skills to the creation of database programs.
- Working knowledge of data warehouse design and query performance tuning.
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch is a plus.
- Ability to write/tweak Linux bash scripts with 1-5 years’ experience.
- Ability to pick up new skills as business solutions require them.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Location: Ability to work from our New York City office or remote.
Salary Range – 86K – 102K
Interested candidates should submit their resume here.
FAIR Health, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is an E-Verify participant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
FAIR Health offers a competitive compensation package and includes the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and Discretionary Bonus.