Healthcare Data Product Analyst
Summary of Position
The Healthcare Data Product Analyst will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of data-driven processes used to create FAIR Health data products. This individual will play a significant role in identifying areas in which data processes can be optimized and automated, and will help to implement such changes. Working with multiple FAIR Health stakeholders, the Healthcare Data Product Analyst will have responsibilities throughout the product research and development life cycle, translating business needs into data-driven deliverables and analyses.
The successful candidate will have a strong analytic and statistical background with the ability to extract information from the database to inform insightful data solutions. This person should be self-motivated with the ability to problem solve independently.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of healthcare claims data, a working knowledge of healthcare coding concepts (ICD, HCPCS, CPT etc.) and a broad knowledge of healthcare fee schedules and data products.
- Design, develop and automate custom data processes using workflow tools to create FAIR Health data products.
- Coordinate efforts across multiple teams to optimize and automate data processes.
- Translate business needs into development requirements and data-driven deliverables.
- Debug, investigate and resolve errors that occur within database-stored procedures.
- Create and understand advanced SQL queries to analyze large datasets.
- Work with database technologies, such as Oracle, and statistical analytical toolsets, such as SAS/R, to evaluate datasets and produce result sets.
- Understand and analyze healthcare claims data to identify trends, patterns and other salient information.
- Design and oversee the implementation of data product enhancements and the creation of new data products.
- Create and execute test plans of functional and nonfunctional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality within the database and application layers.
- Define and execute regression testing of database and application changes.
- Liaise between cross-functional teams (Business Users, Information Technology, Quality Assurance) in order to assure the complete and accurate execution of requirements gathering, development and testing efforts, the implementation of data product enhancements and the creation of new data products.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Public Health or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-7 years’ professional work experience.
- Self-motivated and intellectually curious with strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on large data sets, interpret results and communicate findings.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL or equivalent database query language.
- Advanced data mining skills and experience with SAS, R or related statistical software.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a highly cross-functional, multilocation organization.
- Ability to work independently and appropriately self-manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Python for the purpose of data processing and analytics.
- 2+ years’ experience working for a health insurer or healthcare-related organization (including consulting or technology companies) with responsibility for analysis of large healthcare datasets.
- Knowledge of medical claims data, including, but not limited to, professional claims, outpatient claims, inpatient claims, specialty pharmacy and pharmaceutical claims.
- A working knowledge of healthcare coding (CPT®, HCPCS, ICD, revenue codes, DRG).
- Familiarity with healthcare fee schedules, including, but not limited to, Medicare, workers’ compensation and Medicaid.
Location: Remote or work from our New York City or Syracuse office.
Salary is commensurate with experience in the range of 65k – 102k.
Interested candidates should submit their resume here.
FAIR Health, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is an E-Verify participant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
FAIR Health offers a competitive compensation package and includes the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and Discretionary Bonus.