Healthcare Data Analyst
Summary of Position
The Healthcare Data Analyst will be responsible for a variety of data analysis, evaluation and reporting solutions. This individual will support the innovation, enhancement and development of analyses of underlying claims data and product methodologies. This includes the design and development of related solutions to accomplish these tasks.
The role will also translate internal business needs into data driven deliverables and products with responsibility for the creation of SQL queries and SAS programs necessary to meet those needs. Working with other analysts and business representatives, this individual will also be able to report and present results and findings to various levels of the organization.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of healthcare claims data and a working knowledge of healthcare coding concepts (ICD, HCPCS, CPT, etc.). This individual should also have a strong analytic and statistical background and be able to extract information from the database and create usable and actionable information. This person will also have a broad knowledge of medical and dental data, healthcare fee schedules and data products, as well as an ability to apply that knowledge to data solutions.
- Work with SQL to query, merge and analyze large datasets.
- Evaluate analyses to derive informative and well-organized results that can be documented and presented to stakeholders in the form of tables, charts and graphs.
- Understand and work with all aspects of healthcare claims data to identify trends and other salient information.
- Work on FAIR Health data products and create reports and analytics that reflect actionable, value-infused information.
- Evaluate and establish validity of FAIR Health data product information to ensure accuracy and completeness of all reporting results.
- Work with database technologies, such as Oracle and statistical analytical toolsets, such as SAS to evaluate datasets and produce analytic result sets, including graphical representations of the data.
- Utilize healthcare data knowledge to help to craft data analyses to support client analyses and internal products.
- Investigate and resolve issues independently related to FAIR Health data products.
- Observe information security policies and HIPAA guidelines of conduct to ensure the privacy and security of nonpublic information.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience with SQL and SAS.
- Experience working with large databases.
- Strong presentation skills to support presentation of technical material and concepts to senior managers and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable working with various levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a highly cross-functional, multi-location organization.
- Highly proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to proactively engage in all aspects of project definition through implementation, problem assessment through resolution and reporting for presentation, focusing on both big picture and specific project detail.
- Ability to self-manage and appropriately govern multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- 2+ years working for a health insurer or healthcare-related organization, including consulting or technology companies with responsibility for analysis of large healthcare datasets.
- Knowledge of medical claims data, including, but not limited to, professional claims, outpatient claims, inpatient claims, specialty pharmacy and pharmaceutical claims.
- A working knowledge of healthcare coding (CPT, HCPCS, ICD, revenue codes, DRG).
- Familiarity with healthcare fee schedules, including, but not limited to, Medicare, Workers’ Compensation and Medicaid.
- Knowledge of business intelligence toolsets, such as Tableau.
Location: Remote or a possibility to work from our New York City office post-pandemic.
Salary is commensurate with experience in the range of 65k-80k.
Interested candidates should submit their resume here.
FAIR Health, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is an E-Verify participant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
FAIR Health offers a competitive compensation package and includes the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and Discretionary Bonus.