Healthcare Data Analyst
Summary of Position
This multi-faceted position is responsible for data analysis and data validation. The individual in this role will assist in the acquisition, validation, management and translation of healthcare data and will be responsible for daily evaluation of ongoing data feeds, interpretation of nuances within the data and maintaining a pristine healthcare dataset for use in FAIR Health products and offerings.
The Healthcare Data Analyst will work with healthcare claims data and write SQL queries to organize the data and sort, summarize and report salient changes within the datasets.
This position requires an individual with an understanding of healthcare claims data as well as analytic skills. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The Healthcare Data Analyst supports the business and interacts with external customers.
Location: New York City (Manhattan office) (remote during the pandemic)
- Aid internal staff in the validation of incoming healthcare claims datasets on a daily basis.
- Evaluate healthcare claims data and interpret datasets for any changes which may impact downstream processes.
- Collaborate with internal staff to work with external data contributors on their ongoing data feeds.
- Evaluate and validate the accuracy of healthcare claims datasets to correct healthcare information including, but not limited to CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-Procedure Codes and ICD-10-Diagnosis codes.
- Evaluate and establish the validity of incoming claims data and data element combinations to ensure accuracy and completeness of all reporting results.
- Support data translation initiatives.
- Use SQL to conduct organize and aggregate data and summarize for reporting.
- Collaborate with data and product staff on various aspects of incoming healthcare claims data.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Detail oriented with strong analytic skills.
- Possess an understanding of and prior experience working with healthcare claims data including, but not limited to Inpatient claims, Outpatient claims, Professional claims, Specialty Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical claims.
- Knowledge of claims billing forms; UB-04, CMS-1500 or state-specified forms including paper and electronic versions.
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare claim code sets (e.g. DRG, ICD, CPT, HCPCS, and Revenue Codes).
- Expertise in SQL; Oracle experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a cross-functional, multi-location organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office suite of products, including, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. Please include “Healthcare Data Analyst” and your last name in the subject line.
FAIR Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and an e-verify participant.