Healthcare Analyst I
Summary of Position
The Healthcare Analyst I position requires an individual with a public health background and an interest in healthcare payment models, including Medicare fee schedules, state Workers’ Compensation programs and commercial medical claims. A solid analytical background, including knowledge of SAS is required. Familiarity with Medicare and Workers’ Compensation programs and fee schedules is a plus. Initially the analyst will support the design, development, updating and deployment of multiple state fee schedules.
The Healthcare Analyst will write programs to perform statistical analyses of Medicare rates and state fees schedules and support the generation of new fee schedules.
This position requires an individual with an interest in healthcare claims data and Medicare fee schedules. This person will have strong analytic skills and will enjoy working in a fast-paced and challenging environment. When not working on fee schedules, this position will be involved in a broad range of healthcare “big data” analytics.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience and knowledge of SAS and other analytical tools
- Knowledge of Medicare and Workers’ Compensation fee schedules a plus
- Understanding of healthcare claims payment methodologies and claims editing policies a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytic, problem solving, technical skills and attention to detail are required
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office Suite of Products including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. Please include “Healthcare Analyst I” and your last name in the subject line.