Doctoral-Level Expert in Research and Healthcare Sector
The PhD Researcher with experience in healthcare economics, statistics or other relevant field will be responsible for coordinating FAIR Health’s role as a resource for external researchers in academia, government policy functions and industry. In addition, the candidate will work to increase FAIR Health’s internal capacity to produce scientific/clinical articles and white papers that utilize data and findings developed from FAIR Health data. This position is responsible for understanding complex data and clinical information and being able to write in clear, unbiased, concise and accurate language. This position also will require assisting external academic researchers with their inquiries into FAIR Health data assets, providing advice and support to the FAIR Health statistical and analytics staff for the creation of custom data products and other client deliverables, and conducting internal evaluation and review of FAIR Health data and methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Possess a broad familiarity with the healthcare sector and maintain a current understanding of trends and developments relevant to FAIR Health’s mission serving all sector participants.
- Work with research and academic clients on study design and statistical support.
- As a subject matter expert develop slide decks, case studies, white papers, discussion guides, surveys, and other documents.
- Build and maintain effective strategic working relationships with internal and external research and business partners.
- Support custom and consulting activities through peer review and development of new approaches and concepts.
- Identify, develop and implement statistical methodologies in support of research and publications.
- Generate publication ready reports on the results of data analyses.
- Provide statistical input into the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of healthcare studies.
- Attend client meetings and conferences to provide on-site support for white papers, methodologies and research capabilities.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of policies and programs.
- Provides data visualizations, including graphs, histograms and the like in furtherance of internal research activities or externally requested deliverables.
- PhD in statistics, healthcare, economics, epidemiology or related social science with strong statistics, economics, or healthcare capabilities.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience as a research writer (preferably one with significant statistical duties).
- Cross-disciplinary research consulting experience preferred.
- Excellent client communication skills, with the ability to present study designs and results to clinical, technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary colleagues.
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated scientific publication work.
- Familiarity with complex medical claims data and how they relate to healthcare policy and clinical matters.
- Preferred statistical skills:
- Writing and executing complex SQL queries to extract/process/report data.
- Experience with statistical and visual analytic software (e.g., SAS, R, and Tableau).
- Experience building and validating algorithms.
- Experience using tools and applications for very large, complex datasets (e.g., Hadoop, Python, Java, and Spark).
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Researcher” and your last name in the subject line.
FAIR Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and an e-verify participant.