Data Processing Specialist
Summary of Position
The Data Processing Specialist will work on multiple aspects of the data processing workflows used to create FAIR Health data products and will have responsibilities throughout the development life cycle of application changes related to those processes. This person will have a strong analytic background and the ability to gather requirements, translate business needs into technical requirements, and create and execute test plans.
- Configure and execute data processing workflows and batch jobs
- Debug and find root causes of errors that occur in batch jobs
- Identify areas for further automation and work with development teams to implement process improvements
- Translate business needs into development requirements and data-driven deliverables
- Design and execute test plans of functional and nonfunctional test cases that verify requirements and validate functionality
- Define and execute regression testing of application changes
- Maintain documentation of workflows and other data processes
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience working as a data processing analyst, process improvement engineer, data solutions engineer, application support analyst or related role
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL or equivalent database query language
- Experience working with large databases
- Strong analytical skills
- Functional knowledge of workflow engines and batch jobs
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a highly cross-functional, multilocation organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert ability with Excel
- BS in Computer Science or related degree
- 3-5 years’ professional work experience
- Experience with SAS, R or related statistical software
- Experience with Python
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Understanding of healthcare data and analyses, including but not limited to medical claims data
- Working knowledge of healthcare coding (CPT®, HCPCS, ICD, revenue codes, DRG)
- Familiarity with healthcare fee schedules, including but not limited to Medicare, workers’ compensation and Medicaid
Location: Remote or a possibility to work from our New York City office
Salary is commensurate to experience at a range of $51k - $72k.
Interested candidates should submit their resume here.
FAIR Health, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and is an E-Verify participant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
FAIR Health offers a competitive compensation package and includes the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401(k) and Discretionary Bonus.