FAIR Health has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Associate. The Communications Associate will report directly to the Chief Communications Officer and will be responsible for public relations support – including strategy and content development. The role will focus on enhancing an existing, robust public relations strategy across a national landscape through the generation of press releases and other communication materials.
Communication Associate Responsibilities
- Manage communications and day-to-day activities related to the communications team.
- Develop and expand press and media outreach efforts through contact research and an understanding of the greater healthcare landscape.
- Manage published content while monitoring and listening to trends in the news to support the organization’s research efforts.
- Manage relevant clippings and press mentions.
- Support the organization’s relations with various federal agencies and government entities.
- Assist with developing partnerships and strategizing on projects with other organizations.
- Assist executive management with press-related presentations.
- Monitor social media for relevant press stories, ideas, news, and contacts.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications or similar field.
- Two to four years of hands-on experience in communications, public relations and strategy development, preferably with exposure to the healthcare industry.
Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge of press release generation and distribution.
- Organized and great attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage various projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications” and your last name in the subject line. FAIR Health, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and an e-verify participant.