Clinical Data Analyst
This is a multi-faceted position with responsibilities for data analysis as well as clinical content development. The Clinical Data Analyst will work with other Data Analysts, managers and clinical staff to provide opinions on and assist in the explanation of complex issues related to health care claims and how they are coded. The Clinical Data Analyst will engage with product review and root cause analysis on data quality issues, and assist with developing data analysis protocols to help the team make product decisions.
The Clinical Data Analyst will aid the clinical staff in managing the clinical data aspects of the organization. This position assists in procuring, maintaining and integrating the clinical content into FAIR Health products and offerings.
The Clinical Data Analyst will also work with health care claims data and be responsible for writing SQL queries. These queries will be written to manipulate the data, sort, summarize and report on various healthcare trends and information in order to help with the goals of the organization.
The Clinical Data Analyst position requires an individual with knowledge of all aspects of healthcare claims data as well as analytic skills, and be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The Clinical Data Analyst supports the business as well as external customers
- Aid Clinical Data Analysts and managers in the understanding of complex issues regarding the coding of health care claims.
- Evaluate, analyze and implement CPT, HCPCS and CDT code additions/changes/deletions for integration into FAIR Health products and offerings.
- Evaluate and establish the validity of claims data and data element combinations to ensure accuracy and completeness of all reporting results.
- Use SQL to conduct data manipulation, summarization and reporting.
- Collaborate with data and product staff on methods, analysis, and production of reports.
- Assist Customer Support with client inquiries
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Possess a deep understanding of and prior experience working with medical claims data including, but not limited to Inpatient claims, Outpatient claims, Professional claims, Specialty Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical claims.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all appropriate billing forms; UB-04, CMS-1500 or state specified, including paper and electronic versions.
- Coding experience required. The candidate must have a deep familiarity with all healthcare claim code sets.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Oracle based SQL.
- Basic understanding of relational databases or at minimum the willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytic skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a highly cross-functional, multi-location organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office Suite of Products, including, but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint.
Proficient in healthcare billing, coding and payment guidelines/practices/regulations both in the commercial and government space.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. Please include “Clinical Data Analyst” and your last name in the subject line.
FAIR Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and an e-verify participant.