Assistant General Counsel
The Assistant General Counsel will be an attorney with business and contracting experience who will have the responsibility for drafting and negotiating data license agreements for FAIR Health’s data products, as well as other vendor and customer agreements. The Assistant General Counsel also will be involved in a range of legal issues affecting daily operations, including privacy, regulatory and IP matters. The position will be located in FAIR Health’s headquarters in New York City.
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of contracts, including software and data licenses, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, teaming and other business agreements;
- Reviewing marketing and public relations communications, including materials posted on organization's corporate and consumer website.
- Assisting with research and advice on intellectual property law; HIPAA and other privacy rules; government contracts; employment law; and emerging legislation and regulations.
- Advising on company’s QA/QC and compliance programs, professional licensing, corporate filings and not-for-profit matters.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- JD (or equivalent) with at least 5 years of legal experience in private practice or a corporate legal department.
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating business agreements, preferably including data and/or technology licensing agreements.
- Ability to develop productive relationships throughout the FAIR Health organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize among competing demands.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with health care, intellectual property law, regulatory matters, privacy or government contracts would be a plus.
- Admitted to practice in New York.
Interested candidates should submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “AGC” and your last name in the subject line.
FAIR Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and an e-verify participant.