FRESH PERSPECTIVES ON HEALTHCARE CONSUMER SHOPPING HABITS
- Premium cost is the top concern for consumers ages 18-44 when choosing a health plan;
- Consumers ages 45 and older are more interested in making sure their personal doctors are in-network than they are about premium cost; and
- Consumers in all age groups care more that their personal doctors are in-network than they do about overall network size.
- Total out-of-pocket cost was the primary consideration for consumers when selecting their dental coverage;
- Only 15 percent of respondents knew that a child’s first dental visit should occur when the first tooth appears, as recommended by the American Dental Association; and
- African-Americans and Latinos were more likely to say that they or someone in their household received dental care in a hospital emergency department.
A recent consumer survey conducted by FAIR Health shines new light on shopping
preferences and benefit utilization trends for medical care. Our new report,
“ Understanding Consumer Health Insurance Preferences,” expands upon the survey’s results to offer insights and suggestions that can help inform your marketing and communications strategy.
A sampling of the survey’s findings related to consumers’ plan enrollment decisions includes:
View the results of FAIR Health’s recent consumer survey and download our report that analyzes the findings.
FAIR Health recently conducted a consumer survey regarding dental treatment utilization patterns and preferences, the results of which underscore the need for more consumer education regarding oral healthcare.
Among other findings, survey responses indicated the following:
View the results of FAIR Health's recent consumer survey and download our report that analyzes the findings.
Transparency Legislation and State Health Programs
Learn about FAIR Health data’s key role as a reference point for New York State’s out-of-network reimbursement law and other state healthcare transparency initiatives.
- Transparency Tools and Educational Resources for Healthcare Consumers
Learn about FAIR Health’s suite of Consumer Engagement Tools or visit our free consumer websites: www.fairhealthconsumer.org (English); www.consumidor.fairhealth.org (Spanish).
- Published Articles on Transparency
by FAIR Health senior management exploring next steps in national healthcare cost transparency.
FAIR Health in the News
Learn how FAIR Health data are being used to advance research, policy and public understanding of cost transparency.
FAIR Health Speaking Engagements
Find out where FAIR Health is scheduled to speak about healthcare cost transparency and consumer engagement, and view a list of previous engagements. View FAIR Health President Robin Gelburd's recent presentation at the Alliance for Healthcare Reform Conference in
- Webinars and Educational Sessions
Register for upcoming free FAIR Health webinars and educational sessions or access previous ones.